Location: 8759 Commercial St, New Minas, NS
Number of Positions: 1
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Competition Closes: When position is filled
Job Type: Part-time (flexible)
Salary: $15 /hr
The Thrift Store Coordinator is an integral part of our daily operations, ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for both shopping and working. This role also involves the efficient use of technology and operational systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Thrift Store Coordination & Merchandising
- Oversee, facilitate and ensure the processing of donated items; manage the rotation and the disposal of donated items in a timely fashion.
- Processes include: sorting, tagging, displaying and disposing of donated items, providing leadership to staff & volunteers; upholding Society standards for merchandise and communicating the same.
- Utilize POS and modern inventory systems for effective store management;
- Achieve monthly and quarterly sales goals
Thrift Store Volunteer Management
- Participate in the recruitment and training of a thrift store volunteer base that will support the operations of the SPCA Thrift Store
- Foster a positive environment and encourage volunteers to adhere to policies and procedures
- Engage in regular dialogue with volunteers regularly, addressing concerns and sharing ideas.
Society Messaging & Operations
- Collaborate and communicate with all Nova Scotia SPCA staff and volunteers to remain consistent in policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Society policies and procedures.
- Complete and submit all required and assigned paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
Marketing & Promotion
- Ensure the display of merchandise inside thrift stores is appealing and customer-friendly.
- Provide service to customers according to standards and ensure everyone follows the same standards.
- Promote excellence in the customer service experience for all visitors to the thrift store through staff & volunteer training.
- Use Society resources (financial and non-financial) wisely.
- Acknowledge and follow the financial policies of the Society.
- 1-2 years of retail experience; thrift or consignment store experience is considered an asset.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Results-driven, proactive & able to work autonomously and make informed decisions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, change-embracing in rapidly evolving work and market environment
- Ability to multi-task on multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated track record of working well on a team
- Possess a valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and proof of current auto insurance.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Goal-oriented and motivated to meet sales targets
- Proficiency in POS systems, inventory management software, and Office 365
- Proficient in Office 365 tools and capable of troubleshooting minor technical issues
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire a team
- This position requires a flexible schedule. Evenings and weekends may be required, must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- A driver’s license is required
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday is required.
- Physical ability to lift and carry 40 pounds regularly.
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. SPCA provides a competitive salary and a rewarding work environment. Preference will be given to candidates who self-identify as African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. As long as this job description remains posted it is an indication that the position has not been filled and we are still accepting resumes.
Please quote “SPCA Thrift Store Coordinator – Kings” in the subject heading in your email reply.
As a part of our hiring process, we require applicants to complete behavioural and cognitive assessments. You will be sent the links along with screening questions after submitting your resume.
Evidence of full vaccination for COVID-19 is required prior to an interview being scheduled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however, only those selected for screening will be contacted.