Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Job Title: SPCA Veterinary Hospital Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: September 7, 2020
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary Range: $40,000 to $50,000 – To be Negotiated and commensurate with experience
Terms of Employment: Full time Day, with possible weeknights and weekend work required.
The Nova Scotia SPCA is a registered charity with a Provincial Office in Halifax and supports communities throughout Nova Scotia.
We are looking to hire a courteous and efficient SPCA Veterinary Hospital Office Manager to oversee hospital staff management, client relations and the coordination of office administration procedures. We require our hospital manager to ensure that we are providing quality care while generating adequate revenues to cover the cost of operations. The SPCA Veterinary Hospital Manager should be patient, detail-oriented, and adept at multitasking with an exceptional ability to communicate effectively with pet owners and veterinary staff.
Included but is not limited to:
- Managing the welcoming of pet owners to our hospital, the screening of telephone calls and the timely flow of pet owners and their animals in the facility
- Developing and implementing an effective inventory control system to ensure that necessary office and medical supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
- Preparing health and immunization certificates as instructed.
- Preparing invoices and obtaining payments from pet owners.
- Preparing employee work schedules and managing the office staff.
- Promptly notifying the appropriate veterinary staff of emergency cases.
- Updating medical records as well as pet owners’ contact and billing details.
- Answering telephone calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Providing educational pamphlets to pet owners with sick or injured pets.
- Ensuring that pet owners’ complaints are promptly addressed and resolved.
- Proven veterinary office experience.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- Excellent management, leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong problem-solving, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented, patient, and empathetic.
- This position requires a flexible schedule. Evenings and weekends may be required, must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Driver’s license is required
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to lift and carry 40 pounds regularly.
- Working conditions include frequent interruptions.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field is advantageous.
- Animal welfare knowledge, marketing and computer skills are necessary.
Hours of Work
Work responsibilities require a standard 40 hours per week plus additional overtime as required fulfilling the duties associated with the position. This is a full-time position with the possibility of renewal Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. SPCA provides a competitive salary and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our intention to start reviewing resume’s immediately and to quickly start the interview process. However, as long as this posting remains posted it is an indication that the position has not been filled and we are still accepting resumes.
Please quote “SPCA Veterinary Hospital Manager” in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.