Job Type: Permanent full-time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CANADA
Job Title: Provincial Office Assistant
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: September 23, 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Range $15.00 – $17.00 dependent on experience
The Nova Scotia SPCA is a registered charity with a Provincial Office in Halifax and supports communities throughout Nova Scotia. The following opportunity is available at our Provincial Office located in Dartmouth NS.
The Position of Office Assistant is a key member of the Society and is primarily responsible for handling organizational and clerical support tasks. This may include organizing files, scheduling appointments, writing copy, proofreading, receiving guests and more.
Include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal visitors to the SPCA Provincial Office.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding internal administrative requests and customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Assists with data entry projects.
- Assists with the maintenance of office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt;
- Assists with the maintenance of equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter fund
- Picks-up and delivers items using automobile.
- Performs other project related assignments/duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate
- Computer skills are required including Microsoft Word, Excel
- Evenings and weekends may be required, must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Driver’s license is required
- Physical ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Working conditions include working alone, working outside in varying weather conditions, frequent interruptions, and some evening meetings.
Hours of Work
Work responsibilities require a standard 40 hours per week plus additional overtime as required fulfilling the duties associated with the position.
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. SPCA provides a competitive salary and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to Elizabeth Murphy.
Please quote “Office Assistant” in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Proof of full covid 19 vaccines required prior to scheduling an interview.