Job Type: Permanent full-time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CANADA
Job Title: Veterinary Education Instructor
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: February 20, 2023
Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Range $20.00 – $24.00 dependent on experience
Are you a Registered Veterinary Technician or an experienced Veterinary Assistant who loves people just as much as animals? The Nova Scotia SPCA College of Animal Welfare has an amazing opportunity where you can help inspire and teach the next generation of Veterinary Assistants and Veterinary Technicians!
As part of a team, the Veterinary Education Instructor participates in the delivery of curriculum and provides a high-quality education experience for students within the Nova Scotia SPCA College of Animal Welfare.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver curriculum in the classroom and hands-on settings
- Effective classroom management
- Ensure all students are being educated in accordance with program policies
- Evaluate individual students in a constructive manner, provide feedback and serve students equitably
- Maintain academic records for each student
- Participate in ongoing development and research for the program
- Collaborate with other faculty with ongoing projects
- Help to organize guest speakers and field trips
- Develop and modify PowerPoint lectures, labs and new lesson plans when necessary
- Seek out continuing education opportunities related to delivering curriculum, teaching adults, advances in veterinary medicine and related fields
- 5 years minimum of practical experience as a Registered Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Assistant
- Must be in good standing with provincial regulatory associations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Extensive customer service experience is an asset
- Experience with training and mentoring others
- Enthusiasm in teaching methodology
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Collaborative attitude with team members
What we offer:
- $20-$24/hour depending on experience
- Dalhousie University Certificate in Adult Education
- Paid EVTA and NSVMA dues
- Fear Free Membership and Veterinary Certifications
- Continuing education allowance
- Dental and health benefits including Teladoc telemedicine service
- RRSP package
- Employee discount for veterinary services and food
- A reliable schedule that ensures a proper work-life balance!
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. Preference will be given to candidates who self-identify as African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please quote “College Instructor” in the subject heading in your email reply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.