Location: 7 Scarfe Crt, Dartmouth
Number of Positions: 1
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Competition Closes: When position is filled
Job Type: Part Time (12 hours per week)
Salary: $15 /hr
An Office Cleaner is responsible to promote a tidy environment for all keeping workspaces healthy and clean.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for floor care, performing various surface tasks, including vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, and spot-cleaning carpets of all office areas and public veterinary hospital spaces.
- Responsible for the maintenance employee lounge tables, chairs, and counters, carrying out tasks such as dusting, spraying, and cleaning
- Responsible for removing trash in office areas and all public spaces
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing, and restocking of restrooms
- Responsible for cleaning of windows in conference rooms, management offices, etc.
- Perform dusting, disinfecting, and polishing of surfaces and furniture as needed
- May be required to shop for cleaning supplies as needed
- May be required to stock Kitchen and Board Room supplies as needed
- Responsible for reporting repairs and replacements encountered when executing tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products, including chemicals and supplies, and methods used in office cleaning
- Good communication skills to effectively follow written or verbal instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-workers, or clients
- Excellent attention to detail when cleaning
- Ability to follow a schedule and adapt to changing schedules or routines
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 to 30 pounds without assistance. Must be able to reach, stretch, bend, and walk during daily routine, and stand for a long duration with ease.
- Driver’s license is required
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday
- Physical ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
Hours of Work
Hours of work are two shifts per week, 6 hours per day between the hours of 8am and 4pm weekdays only, some flexibility on which weekdays negotiable based on applicants availability
Nova Scotia SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. The Society provides a competitive salary, and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. It is our intention to start reviewing resume’s on immediately and to quickly start the interview process. However, as long as this job description remains posted it is an indication that the position has not been filled and we are still accepting resumes.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at the Nova Scotia SPCA, however; only those selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply please specify ‘Cleaner’ in the subject line of your email